Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Patience and progress

Finding a job requires constantly pushing for results in the form of finding likely jobs, creating cover letters, tweaking the resume, and submitting it over and over. Unfortunately, it also requires patience with the unringing phone. I'm not so good at that.

So, like a masochist, here I go again, finding another avenue requiring lots of hard work and a wait for reward, if any. By the popped blisters on both my thumbs, I have a small flower bed dug and planted to salad greens and beets - cool weather crops that can grow for a month and a half before I should plant the summer garden. I have two egg carton bottoms filled with soil and sitting in the sunlight, hopefully sprouting the seedlings I should start early and transplant.

Now I just need to water the seed bed lightly, and patiently wait. May I have a job before I have a home-grown salad...

Right, I'm going to go start a compost pile, go to the gym, thatch the yard, clean the house, read up on growing in non-subarctic regions, and shoot something. I'll try patience when I'm not busy.

2 comments:

  1. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you! Keep busy and don't go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed here, too, and a few prayers, as well.

    ReplyDelete