Sunday, July 24, 2011

Picture Post Bozeman to Indianapolis

Over the Badlands


Flying into the smoke trail of a contained wildfire


Over South Dakota, which alternated between luxurious fields and struggling ones - the trails of poor growth from flooded soil were everywhere.


Why, yes, that is a storm moving in from exactly the opposite direction of the stiff low-level wind. Chamberlain, SD.


See the puffy cumulus hidden in the haze? Or, why I diverted yet again in Iowa.


Sylvester the airport cat, waiting for dues of scritching to be paid should I want fuel.


Why there are almost no pictures after Carroll, IA: the sky was full of thick, low-vis haze that I could not outclimb, even when I went to 5,500 feet. Also full of cumulus that I was busy steering between, and thunderstorms I was very hugely avoiding. That's the Mississippi River, by the way.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Hoosierland! Any friend of Brigids is a friend of ours.

    Or else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat trip! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly the trip of a lifetime :-) Hope you're enjoying the downtime with Brigid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NFO, I am, thanks! I may even come up with a post about it, once I get some coffee in me. And retrieve the latest clothing item Barkley's stolen in his quest to get me off the computer and playing keep-away.

    Paul, J.R., you're welcome! Thanks for the comments!

    og, ... as long as I don't have to move any bodies for you. My old injuries, y'know, and this heat...

    ReplyDelete