Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

I’m working today. And you know what? That’s awesome. Because I have a job that carried us through Peter being unable to make up fiction and write it down for the last year and a half, through the surgeries. Seriously, yay! (Besides, this means all the coworkers with kids will be able to have Thanksgiving with their families. Even the ones with military spouses, and you know how rare that is!)

And Peter is feeling well enough to write again. Not just “I’m physically capable of putting fingers to keyboard”, but “I am trying to hold a battle in space that’s four light-hours wide in my head, and make sure there are no inconsistencies as each ship gets the information and acts upon it, and the other ships see those actions in turn…”

And I now have a hangar for my plane: came open yesterday.

I’m going to take an hour lunch (swing shift) to pop over to a friend’s house, where we’re having a group Thanksgiving dinner. And for the friends around us, I am truly grateful.

All in all, it’s a good year. Terrifying, traumatic, expensive, frazzling, but a good year. We have always lived in interesting times, and I’ll take my blessings where I can get ’em. You take care of you and yours, and have a happy Thanksgiving, too.

3 comments:

  1. I pray that you & hubby remain in good health, and enjoy many hours of comradery and good times. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, lots to be thankful for... Lunch tomorrow at 1300- Leftovers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving - it was good of you to work so others could be off.

    This was our first without kids, and I'm still trying to figure out how to reinvent myself and get some writing done.

    I'm glad Peter is up to writing space battles - someone has to do it. It must feel so good to write after not being able to. I kind of limp along, some days better than others, but spend a chunk trying every day.

    ReplyDelete