Friday, August 11, 2017

Bad Timing

Note to self: No matter what execrable pun or rotten limerick your Darling Husband says, do NOT laugh while you're trying to bench press more weight than you've ever done before. Because if you blow out your breath with a laugh, your chest collapses, lower back and shoulders destabilize, and the barbell will suddenly and very painfully go sideways on you. And then everything goes pear-shaped in a hurry.

In other notes, thank God for a good trainer who is spotting.

And my husband owes me SO MUCH chocolate. Ow.

...going to ban him from opening his mouth when I'm under a barbell...

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're okay ... but I'd bet the interchange after the spotter grabbed the bar was (ahem) interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that - I wonder if an analogy to King Canute is on order here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ban him from the room. you could have him locked in the trainer's office.
    by the way, what was the limerick? or is it unprintable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah - I don't remember the beginning. However, given where the trainer was gesturing on my chest for the spot where she wanted the barbell to touch, I know what inspired it. When it got to "the ripples on her nipples", I lost it.

    ReplyDelete