Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Ding! New Level Achieved!

Autocorrect on my phone and I do not have a friendly relationship. (Who does?) Among other consistent "help", every time I texted a friend about lifting the 22-pound training bar while learning to weightlift, it would auto-correct to "training bra."

Fortunately, said friend is female, lifts weights, and understands the vagaries of Otto Corrupt, so there was simply eye rolling, laughter, and moving on with the conversation. And as I gre stronger, I moved from the 22-pound bar to the standard 45-pound bar, and could leaving that particular fight with Otto Corrupt behind.

Except...

I was still using the 5-pound plastic plates on deadlift, to put the bar at the right height. Big tough powerlifters, and everyone else, uses the 45-pound plates or higher, all of which are large enough to put the bar at the correct starting position - but 5, 10, and 25-pound plates are too small.

Yesterday, I finally managed to lift 135 pounds, for the first time. I even managed a set of 5 lifts! My coach happily told me that from now on, we're going to start with 135, and not use the plastic training plates again.

So of course, I go to text the good news. "Yay! Now I'm off the training bar AND the training plates!"

That is absolutely not what Otto Corrupt sent.

4 comments:

  1. I went through and turned off EVERY SINGLE setting for auto-correct (and it turned out there were such settings in multiple places) on my phone after it corrected "Uline" for "urine" in a text message to a co-worker. Thankfully said co-worker was amused.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always check because at times when I spell exactly what I want, it will later decided I didn't mean it and replaced it with something else.
    One that surprised me recently was that it didn't recognize Shed and kept trying to replace it with She'd.

    ReplyDelete