Friday, July 29, 2022

Want something new to read?

If you liked the other things I wrote, you might like this. It's not so much a romance, really, as it is about the problems that come after the happily ever after. Like meeting the family that he doesn't talk to, and finding out that there's more than one feud going on. It's about finding out the hard way that when you've been out defending the homeland, and not being there, home changes until it isn't home anymore, and the people there become strangers with a shared history in the thirty years Between Two Graves.



Of course, there are a couple firefights as well, because it's me. 

The blurb:

He swore he wouldn't be back while his parents lived...

Now, almost thirty years later, AJ is going home.

Ordered to attend his mother's funeral in the rugged northern border of the Empire, AJ is baring old wounds to his new wife, and burying familial feuds.

But the past won't die that easily, and grave secrets will threaten all the survivors and the women they love. Because the Feds are after AJ's unwanted inheritance...

And they're willing to risk a war to get their hands on it.

Currently available in ebook, print edition to follow very shortly (I accidentally introduced a formatting error and it spread. The cleanup to get chapters and page numbers to agree is tedious, and I love my detail-oriented husband very, very much for all the assistance he's giving on this.)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Purchased, and it’s next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each novellette gets better than the last; this most recent one is on a par with the best of Lois Bujold. Patience is not my strong suit, but the quality of your work has made the wait worth it from your first. This most recent one is a delight. Thank you.
    Historian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished my first read. I liked it. I usually do two reads before I comment. This one, with some of the family drama, hit close to home in some ways. Actually gave me some closure on some stuff in my family. Thank you. I will give my review after my second reading. It is just a habit of mine. Just wanted you to know that that book hit me in ways that you could understand if dealing with trauma. Again, great storytelling, and an important story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this when it first came out. When I finally got it, I enjoyed it a lot.

    And...AJ is VASTLY different in a culture he knows the rules for than one where he's trying to emulate them!

    ReplyDelete