Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Something New to Read - Dust of the Ocean

So, I wrote another book, "Dust Of The Ocean"

It was a homage to Andre Norton, and to Michael Whelan's art, especially the subterranean and Passages series. I intended it to be horror, but none of my characters cooperated.

Which... is awfully like Andre Norton's stories, to be honest. 



What's it about?


In the ruins of an ancient alien city, a half-alien slave's act of mercy will change the course of a cold war.

When Mika saves Arkady, a wounded enemy soldier, he offers her a path to freedom. All it will take is finding a hidden artifact that may alter the course of an interstellar conflict…

But the path there will plunge their team into the depths of inhuman nightmares, battling ancient bioweapons and outwitting her former owners. It's going to take everything they have just to survive, much less escape with their prize!


It's much longer than my usual, at over 100,000 words. It is a stand-alone novel, but is set in the same universe as "Shattered Under Midnight"... 

And for those of you who've seen the anthology of incompetent evil, "Your Honor, I Can Explain" by Raconteur press, yes, Deputy Director Spurgle makes an appearance in this, too.   

4 comments:

  1. That cover still blows me away, and transports me to a different era of Science Fiction, when it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Andre Norton so looking forward to reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not quite finished reading, but I can tell you I had a sleepless night and I read 2/3rd's of this book in one sitting and I could not put it down. Thank you for helping me survive insomnia.

    ReplyDelete