Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dog Blogging


This is Cody, a Shetland Sheepdog - or sheltie, as you will. He belongs to my hosts. A very handsome young teenager, he has enough energy to herd sheep all day or keep running long after I'm tired from a walk, a propensity to stress when his flock of humans are not all in the same room, and an absolute dedication to being the most polite and pretty beggar for table scraps you've ever met.

He also has a tendency to herd his people back to bed when they are sick, attempt to herd us toward the food bowl if he hears "dinner" or "breakfast" discussed, attempt to herd me toward my shoes if I say "walk", and guard while herding us all back inside if the loud under-socialized dobermans next door come out and start barking and growling at us.

He's a Good Dog.

3 comments: